Saturday, January 16, 2010

dear new york,

i believe we got off to the wrong start, but i want you to know i am going to make things right. in continuing in the vein of being honest and assertive (in order to not become resentful), i feel as though you've gone out of your way to make things difficult for me. from my living situation, to my worthless job, to my achey feet from hustling through your streets, to my grumbling stomach and weightless wallet that constantly suffer emptiness; you had dampened my spirit. i knew that you weren't going to be an easy one to win over, but i did not expect the level of cruelty in which you exerted. however, new york, with that off my chest, you need to know that i won't be giving up without a fight. i am determined to make this relationship work, because i think that we could be beautiful together. i'm not asking much of you, i will take initiative and put in all the effort; i just ask that you cooperate, and if you're feeling generous, let me catch a break every once in a while.
with ever growing love,
lauren
dan deacon, where have you been all my life? snookered & build voice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girly!
You are loved by the SD,
NYC is just fightin to win you over.